Monday, February 06, 2006

The great afternoon

Hello, all. I don't have a lot of time, and I don't have a lot to say. I just wanted everyone to know how much I enjoy the afternoons. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon right now (that is on April 29...i still have plenty of time) and I'm up to about 5 miles right now. It's crazy. So, I didn't run on Friday or Saturday, or Sunday for that matter. So, Monday rolls around. After a long day at school, and a cold that I'm trying to get, I decided not to run today. It is amazing how great you feel when you're not rushed! I hardly ever stop for anything, and this weekend has been a whole weekend of stopping and a lot of hanging out and not HAVING to do anything. Now, if I do this all of the time, my life would be a mess; however it's not all the time, and I don't want to give it up yet. On a normal afternoon, I would rush home, change clothes, run however many billion miles I'm supposed to run, get home just in time to fix dinner, and not really stop until 7:00 at least. Well, today, I just had a meeting at 4, then fixed dinner...it was great. I have time to blog, I have time to do what I really need to do. I'm very excited about that today and that I'm going to go and watch the Bachelor with my girlfriends makes me happy, too. I hope you've had an excellent Monday...an out-of-the-ordinary Monday, and if you haven't, maybe tomorrow will be that way. Have a great day!

1 comment:

glenna marshall said...

Cool pics, Janes. Sorry more friends are leaving, but you're right--not all of God's plans for your friends will include you. I've learned that myself in my own life events of the past year. But we serve a Sovereign God who does all things well.
Love you and miss you. Keep up the running--I'm getting tired!
-gm