so, for sammy's winter one-derland party, i wanted to make some snowmen out of bottles. i had seen this and thought "oh, the kids would love this!" BUT i don't drink frappacinos and i didn't want to waste $6 on some bottles. so, my friend runs a coffee shop here in town and she gave me some old syrup bottles. so, i made skinny snowmen! they are very simple, and i love them so much, i still have them displayed in my kitchen.
here's the toot.
medium sized styrofoam balls
1. wash the bottles with warm water and let them air dry
2. wrap the bottles with white paper and hot glue so it adheres well
3. fold up the top kind of like you're wrapping a present. it will look a little more like snow this way and you can cover the whole bottle.
4. cut a 2 in. strip of white paper and wrap it around the neck of the bottle.
5. press the ball into the top of the bottle, but not too hard because you don't want to break the ball. there's no need for glueing the head since it will be pressed into the top of the bottle.
6. draw eyes and a mouth on to the ball with your marker.
7. cut a 2 in. wide strip of felt and wrap around the neck of the bottle, glueing every so often. snip the ends to make a scarf.
8. cut out an orange triangle (or a mustache!) and glue on for the nose.
9. cut out a hat shape of any kind and glue on the top.
10. add buttons to the bottle