Wednesday, April 25, 2007

some new news going on...

well, there has been several things to happen over the past 3 weeks that i have yet to post. first and foremost, ben and i found out we're pregnant! we're due on december 14 (yes, along with both of us and mimi and meri's birthdays...there WILL be one more :) so, thank you ALL for your prayers. this is just an amazing time for us. we know that God has an amazing plan for this child because he/she has already been prayed over so much. we know that you will continue to pray for us as we make decisions about parenting and what to do with our child. we will let you know how we progress.
i have been at an autism conference yesterday, today, and will be tomorrow. it is SO interesting. I'm learning all kinds of new things about working with children who have autism and am loving every minute of it. i could really see myself working with children that have autism full-time some day. it's crazy (and this sounds silly), but i've even learned to adapt some of it to petey (that's right), our baby, and nieces and nephews. it's fun. also, i found a new love for training petey today, so, beware, because next time you come to see us, you might find a COMPLETELY different dog...in a totally good way. still excited to see you, but much more well behaved. :) (that ones for you, rachel) we love all of you, and again, thank you so much for your prayers. we will keep you updated on what's going on! come see us soon!

4 comments:

Hannah Fields said...

Hey janes, I am stilled thrilled at the news. I hope you feel better soon. It is for a wonderful cause. I am also very excited about your conference. You are an amazing person with a special gift to work with children. and Petey:)
I wish i could come and see you guys. Maybe i can come for a baby shower. AHHH!!! I cant wait. how fun will that be. i love you guys. we are still praying for you. love hannah

Hannah Fields said...

p.s. it is not 6:42 am.
I do not get up these days until i have to. ha ha

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I got mentioned in your blog! BUT SERIOUSLY, I love Petey just as he is. He is the exception to my I can't stand dogs mantra. It is just one of those unexplainable phenomenon!

Love You! Rachel

piper said...

I would love to help you in anyway I can! You will have an amazing and beautiful baby! I'm so happy for you.
There's a book you and Ben need to read. It's called Supernatural Childbirth. http://www.amazon.com/Supernatural-Childbirth-Jackie-Mize/dp/0892747560

It will bless your belly, your baby, and your soul. It helped me and blessed me immensly. It's full of prayers, wisdom, biblical insight revealed in new ways, and blessing for you and your baby.

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!
xoxo, Piper