Saturday, April 22, 2006

another great saturday

hello, all! it's about 5 p.m. right now and i just wanted to write and say what a great saturday it has been. this is the first day that ben and i haven't had anything going on during the day in a while! ben's mowing our yard and the neighbor's yard right now, and we are having a party tonight after dinner with some friends. it's just the best! we don't have a ton going on right now. i guess the biggest news is that the half marathon is coming up in only one week from today! we will be going to nashville on next friday, then we will come home on saturday. but, i feel very ready for it. it's very exciting. just to be able to say that i've run a half. wow!
my dad's birthday is this weekend as well, and, as many of you know, they live here in jackson, too. well, it's really just hit me the transition of life recently. you are in certain seasons of life for a reason for a certain amount of time. while i am enjoying being a newly-wed, my dad is enjoying the 2nd generation of his labor! well, my dad asked (as he always does) for peace on Earth and good will toward men. well, we all know that we can't get that. then, he said that he and my mom were really into crossword puzzles ad they need a crossword puzzle dictionary. then, it hit me, my dad is a grandpa. that's crazy! and he does grandpa things all the time that i don't even understand right now!:) however, i do have to say, that my dad is one of the most amazing men i've ever met before (after my husband of course). i am so thankful for how he has brought me up and how he has taught me the Word of God through childhood and how much i've learned from him as an adult. i say all this to say, "Here's to Sam Myatt. May he live long and continue being the amazing man that he always has been!"
Hopefully i'll post some pictures that we get to take tomorrow of my dad so those of you that don't know him can meet him :). i hope everyone has a great sunday!

No comments: